Thursday, November 10, 2005

Why I hate on-line self-help quizzes

I hate on-line quizzes just like this one. Here are some of the questions asked and my opinion on them.

1. Why are the age brackets ten years? I can't remember waking up different the day I turned 20, or even 30. Scrap this question.
2. Gender and sexual preference?????? Why does it matter? Irrelavent.
3. Grandparent still alive. What if you are adopted? How may you know? Impossible to answer this question.
4. Number of good friends. Define 'good'. Can't?? Next.
5. Religion. If you are not an athiest then (and I'm brutal about this) obviously you need a belief in a supernatural entity to make sure you stay a good person. Can't you be good without this imaginary being? You'll never be happy.
6. Are you employed? I recon we all would be happier if we were unemployed and lying on a beach in Tahiti.
7. Is there pollution in the air, water, or soil where you live? If you answer no to this question you must be living on Mars.
8. Do others regard you as a person of good character? Who will answer no to this question? Your friends will regard you as a person of good character otherwise they wouldn't hang out with you. Crim's regard other Crim's as good blokes.
9. Check off any pets that you have: Dog, cat, bird, fish, small mammal, reptile/amphibian, other.
What, a pet tiger and a pet octopus rate the same as a pet butterfly?
10. Are you gifted in any of these areas? One of the boxes is 'Computers'. Tick this box and you automatically fail.
11.Check any that would apply to you:
I could run a marathon - So if you are a sprinter and you are physiologically not built for distance running you are a worthless human being?
I read great literature - For the americans who do this quiz, Dan Brown is not, I repeat not, classified as great literature.
I am able to quote from a holy text - You are one sad crazy bible bashing freak who has never questioned their dogma once and if you knock on my door one more time I'll ..............
I give to charity - You just tick this box to make yourself feel better when in fact you complain if you are overcharged 5 cents.
I have an amazing best friend - Are they amazing because they can thread string up their nose and out of their mouth?
I take time to unclutter my mind - That is because you are stupid and can't think straight.
I commune with nature - Is this a polite way of saying 'I only wash once a month'?

ANGER RISING...........

Be grateful if you do poorly on this test.....

3 comments:

elaine said...

but sandor, how else are we meant to find out how we compare on some random person's idea of what makes life good?

Next post, self-help books? Now that is rant-worthy.

Please?

'Door said...

Can you point me to a 'good' self-help book? I haven't read any of them.

Anonymous said...

I hear that the book "Dianetics" will really change your life....