Monday, June 11, 2007

Morcels

Stuff that's in my head at the moment needing to be let out.

1) Corrections/retractions in a newspaper should be printed on the same page and in the same headline font as the original story.

2) Going to the footy this year (when we are not interstate, which seems to be every second week) has been so much more enjoyable than last year. We (The North Melbourne Football Club, not the Kangaroos) are playing a hard tackling, quick moving, chance taking brand. I'm enjoying the work of 19 (will be a future captain of the club), 11 (soon to join the 300 club), 24 (runs out of the backline like Dench did), 10 (our first father and son, and he will be a gun), 43 (a silent tackling assassin), 20 (not quite Shimma, but doing a magnificent job down back), 1 (he will/is scaring opposition coaches). It would only get better if we could get rid of 16, and bring back 38, 8 and 23. And I'm not reading all the gloom and doom stories in the paper.

3) Correcting exams is so boring. It's that time of the year and I also have to write reports this week. The new reporting system is not going to please some parents. But don't get me started on it.

4) I'm hosting a couple of trivia nights over the next month and I been having fun writing the questions, finding faces for my famous faces section, and putting together a music round that will be slightly different to the music rounds of previous trivia nights. I have this urge to test the questions on everyone, but I can't considering that there could be a leak. Anyway, here are famous faces from a previous trivia night.


5) I need to go out and see some bands. Rock and/or roll, it doesn't matter.

6) Training is going well and I feeling quite fit at the moment. The bodies taken a lickin' but it's kept on tickin'. I should be writing the next weights phase for the squad but I'm procrastinating.

7) Attitude to existence, keep em busy so they don't think, Am I right? versus I am right!. These are just notes to myself for future rants.

5 comments:

Mel said...

You probably know this already, but Even are doing their Christmas show early this year due to the closure of the Spanish Club. I can't remember the date off the top of my head but I'm sure you can look it up.

'Door said...

Thanks Mel. It's on 15th June, Spanish Club. If anyone is interested, I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Where have the nutty religious rants gone?

God loves you.

J Fo.

'Door said...

J Fo,
they will be back. I've got a few brewing. You'll have to wait till I've finished writing reports.

Anonymous said...

Good-o.

I love when the zealots come out to play and add comments onto yr site too.

Famous faces were really good - heaps I didn't get (although it's unfort that the mug of Essendon's no.1 tik holder is recognisable regardless of age). Hmm, it's a shame our no.1 spot goes to such a smug so and so.

J Fo