Saturday, January 09, 2010

I'm a bailiff....I stand.

Should holiday's be spent watching reruns???? Am I wasting time lying on the couch watching season's six and seven of The West Wing? Maybe. Maybe not.

While thinking about having a break from The West Wing, my mind cast back (I have no idea why) to the shows I loved to watch back in the 80's, two of which were Night Court and Soap. So, what do I do? I try to get my hands on these shows. Will it be the case of nostalgia clouding my memory? Will they disappoint this time around?


Well, I got a copy of season's 1 and 2 of Night Court. Let me say that season 1 starts slowly but by season 2, it had me laughing just like the first time I watched. It had some fantastic characters. Dan Fielding (played by John Larroquette) is a sleazy right wing district attorney. John won four emmy awards in a row for this role. But my favourite character is Bull Shannon (played by Richard Moll). 6 foot 8 inches of superb comedic delivery. And as a teenage boy, who couldn't forget Markie Post playing Christine Sullivan, the naive defending attorney. Classic 80's hair.



Verdict: It holds up well and still produces laughs.

No comments: