Sunday, June 19, 2005

Gone fishing......

I leave tomorrow for 5 days in London and a week in Lindau. I've decided to explore the museums and galleries while in London. I hope to get to the following: Tate Modern Art, National Portrait Gallery, National Gallery, British Museum, and the Natural History Museum. I hope I have enough time.

To get myself ready, I went to the NGV and saw the Bill Henson exhibition. I really liked his later works, especially his collages. I suffered from visual sensory overload. I needed to close my eyes for a while afterwards. The images burned onto my retina needed time to dissapate. I also went to the open day at Parliament House. For a building that isn't finished is has some impressive rooms. The Victorian Gold Rush was an opulent time. So much gold inlay.

I'm off, see you in two weeks.

ps. I'll miss noodles with Elaine, can I cope?

4 comments:

elaine said...

you'll be fine Sandor. You may struggle without the routine but it's good for you to try new things.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandor! Have a great time over there! I'm super impressed with your mid-season timing; missing one wkend with a Nth Melb bye and the next when u play Ess when you will certainly lose. Clever work! All the best, Jade

'Door said...

Whoa now, miss Jade. Isn't it better for me to be away when Essendon lose so that you don't get that unwelcomed phone call.

Yes Elaine, I'll try new things.

elaine said...

so when do you get back? I'm dying to hear about the new things you tried...