Thursday, August 18, 2005

We don't know the problem. Take these pills and see what happens.

Pain. It' s not a bad thing. Without it you are a leper. It's telling you something. Maybe if I had listened to my pain earlier I wouldn't have spent three hours lying in a hospital bed wearing the gown which shows your bottom to the world.

Physical pain. I enjoy it. The feeling of hurting so much that you want to stop but you just keep pushing yourself through. But afterwards, the sense of achievement and the endorphins rushing through your body give you a fantastic high. The only problem is that by feeling the pain you may actually do harm to your body, in particular when your body has experienced many injuries. It's the risk you take (I'm suffering from that now).

Emotional pain. This I do not enjoy. And there is the difference. I'm willing to take risks with my physical body and push it to the limits but I am reluctant to do so with my emotional body. It's strange how you can use one set of principles in one part of your life yet not apply those same ideas to other parts. It's very hypocritical. Slowly that's changing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound good, hope its not too bad... Felicity always offers the same treatment for me when I complain about any kind of pain - amputation at the neck. Its the only way to be sure....

elaine said...

I agree with felicity. Off with the body.

shit!

That won't help with the insanity will it?

...tell all...

(I'll pat you on the head and say comforting things if it helps)