Friday, May 05, 2006

A couple of things

1) I'm reading a Christopher Brookmyre book at the moment and the following quote struck a chord with me:

"You see, the greatest skill of intelligence is to sit quite and let everyone else talk."

I think I'll have to use that in my classroom.

2) Check out this Japanese magician. His name is Cyril and he does some fantastic tricks. I discovered this on youtube.com (via The Amazing Randi). Heaps of good stuff on this site. Maybe you have been there before and I'm just a bit behind the times.

3) There is no 3).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sandor, how tempted are you to trump your real actual PhD from Melbourne with a "PhD" from "morisdenton"?

Which Christopher Brookmyre are you reading? I really liked A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away and the Sacred Art of Stealing. I have Be My Enemy on my shelf and have started reading it three times but failed to get past chapter 2.

'Door said...

I so tempted that I made sure no one else can apply for it by deleting the post.

I have finished reading "All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses an Eye". Not a bad read but "A big boy did it and ran away" is better.

How's it going Amanda? I've been chatting to Pat a bit at work. She seems to be fine.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, she's good value. I have to impose myself upon her and her wonderful cooking by inviting myself to dinner at her place some time.

I'm doing OK - research is going to hell in a handbasket but apart from that the degree is good fun.

You going to Andrejs' birthday thing?

'Door said...

Amanda,
I will be going to Andrejs' thing. By the way, are you interested in joining our trivia team for wednesday night at the Brandon?

Anonymous said...

Hey yeah, forgot about that. I'm busy this week, but how about next week? Is it good trivia? I have a few people in the 'hood who are keen for some good trivia.