Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The last word before saturday

The guys at Political Compass have looked at the major parties in the upcoming election and have come up with this:



One thing that strikes me is how authoritarian all the major parties are. I wonder if we did this 30 - 40 years ago where the parties would lie. In fact it would be an interesting exercise to do a time lapse image watching the dots move over this period of time. I bet you it would look like as if One Nation was leading the way and the rest wanting to catch them. What a sad reflection on the swinging voter. Face it, it is to them that the politicians pitch their policies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh, I did that test (at Political Compass) yesterday, and scored -4.12 on the Economic scale, and -4.5 on the Authoritarian scale, putting me somewhere between Mandela and the Dalai Lama. However I am aware that self assessed tests can lead to bias due to conscious (or otherwise) desires to be seen in certain ways. Ones true track record is probably a more reliable indicator.