Monday, November 19, 2007

Minor minor parties IX

What the hell, I’m just watching TV at the moment so I’ll finish of my look into the senate.

The independents

Group V: Tony and Amanda Klein
Tony classes himself as an average Victorian. He’s worked in the private and public sector. He says he has no specific policies and will approach any decision based on his life experience and background. Given this is all his website says, it’s really hard to work out what he stands for. Surely he has certain values and beliefs that may influence his decision making?

Group T: Joseph Kaliniy and Koulla Mesaritis
It was really hard to find any information on these two. The only thing that I could come up with was someone else’s look at the senate.
This website has gone into detail about who each senate candidate is preferencing. Anyway, the site refers to Joseph as the roundabout guy who stands in every election there is, a la Steve Raskovy. He is campaigning against problem roundabouts and parents’ rights to discipline their children.

Norman Walker
I can’t find anything at all about this guy except that he’s a mature age student. Still, this guy gets my vote ahead of some of the others.

Darryl O’Bryan

This guy loves the constitution. And I mean really loves the constitution. He wants to go around to every school preaching about the constitution. He wants to remove all lawyers from our parliament. He says that the current tax laws are unconstitutional. In fact, I hazard to guess he think everything is unconstitutional.

Tejay M Şener
He is an applied physicist and his website has a few youtube clips outlining his policies. Some of which include:
- A Bill of Rights
- Heaps of funding for child centres and nursing homes.
- Cut funding to a sporting organisation if an athlete of their's is found using drugs.
- Rural Australia to get funding for satellite TV, phone and internet.
- Funding for public television like Channel 31.
- Funding for robotic vehicles. (What’s the bet that’s what he is working on?)
- Stop sales of uranium and no to nuclear power.
- Bring the troops back home.

That’s it. I’m not going into the preference deals because someone has already done this, thank goodness. Now to vote.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear 'Door,

Please accept my apologies for being unable to find your name.

I will give credit where credit is due. Although I too have thought similar, Malcolm Fraser, with his experience as a senior statesman has identified and labelled some of the problems with our government, including our lack of Bill of Rights (we still rely on archaic Common Law), and that the cabinet can make important decisions (like declaring war) without getting the maximum possible consensus (full vote of both houses). I have linked his article on my main campaign URL, which itself you have linked so I wont repeat it.

I also want to clarify the athletes caught using performance enhancing substances. I am not referring to the one off cases, but rather certain sports which appear to be endemic. Eg weightlifting. However I am confident that the relevant associations will quickly tighten their own self regulation if one or two of them do have their funding cut.

Thank you,

Tejay

Richad said...

Have you commented on this lot of future leaders:

http://www.ldp.org.au/Candidates.html

Anonymous said...

No, but I can.

Overall they appear to me to be very much like the "neo-liberal "anarchism" championed by the likes of Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman and America's Libertarian Party, which couples social Darwinian right-wing economics with liberal positions on most social issues." - www.politicalcompass.com

For example, they want minimal government, fully privatised health (like in the USA), freedom to own guns, nuclear power stations, voluntary voting, and privatisation of most government services, "However, it does not consider governments have the competence to address the problem and looks to market responses instead." - www.ldp.com.au

I object to a lot of that as it smacks of suspicion of government, and whilst there is some reason to be, as intending government officials they should be fostering public trust in government, a government that is supposed to represent it's people, their interests, and not abnegate its responsibilities to private corporations that live by the philosophy of the bottom line.

A government doesn't collect taxes to make a profit! It collects taxes to provide service, and to regulate all it's constituents so they can live in harmony, small or big, weak or strong. Therefore it is no surprise that effective government budgets operate in the red when they function properly. When they cease to spend on public projects, they are not doing their job, and will possibly use that surplus to buy votes at the next election.

Know any governments that do that?

Tejay M Sener
http://sener4senate.googlepages.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this compendium Door it's much appreciated and much needed.

Adam Tate

Anonymous said...

Dear Door,

I still don't know your name or who you are, but I believe that your article on the minor minor parties probably sent me quite a few of my online votes. Thank you for that. I have written a short acknowledgements page, including a link to your journal at http://sener4senate.googlepages.com/acknowledgments
Please let me know if this is not okay by you, and I will amend it accordingly.

Thanks again,

Tejay

'Door said...

No problems, Tejay. My name doesn't appear here or on any link related to here. I wish to remain anonymous for reasons which I wont go into.