Monday, July 25, 2005

Mr Magoo

On saturday I will be picking up my first pair of glasses. I never thought that I would ever need to wear glasses but as Mel used to tell me, "Your powers are weak, old man." I wonder what it will feel like to be able to see into the distance without the image being blurry? No more waving to people and realising as they come close to you that they don't know you. I'll be able to see the footy at the other end of the ground and read the scoreboard. Street signs in the distance will finally have meaning.

ps. Thank you Elaine for helping me pick out frames which may suit me. It came down to two; one which made me look manly and one which made me look intelligent. Guess which one was chosen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm... you chose the ones that make you look most like Steve Urkle?

Have fun when you first put them on!
When I first got my glasses I felt like everything I was looking at was a photo because it was all in focus. After a few hours I came to realise just how shit my natural eyes really are.

On the upside, you can face into a stong wind without having to squint, bugs rarely fly into you eyes and you can do all those 'looks' where you tilt you head down and stare over you glases at someone.

You can also sit up the back of lectures again with the tough kids and still read the lecture notes!

elaine said...

I'm not allowed to guess, am I?

Mel said...

You - look manly? How is that possible?

Rubydot said...

Avoid opening dishwashers straight after they've finished their steam cycle. It can be humiliating.