Friday, November 17, 2006

A stroll in the country

I've just come back from three days in Camperdown, country Victoria. It's a beautiful little town. History has always fascinated me and I enjoy wandering around looking at old buildings, perusing the town museum and rummaging through op-shops. I think you need to do that to really appreciate where you are.

You never know what you can find in the op-shops. I found a video called "Gold ! Gold !! Gold!!!, a year in the life of TISM". $2 later it was mine. There were also some excellent pieces of furniture straight out of the 60's and 70's. I may have to go back with a trailer if I ever need to furnish where I live.

2 comments:

elaine said...

school camp?

Camperdown always gets me singing (INSIDE my head)"camptown races...doo da doo da"

doh!

nice video find.

'Door said...

It was school camp. But I did manage to spend time in a couple of nice coffee shops. The old court house and the old stables are fine establishments for the service of tea.