Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You're outta here

It's been a great last couple of weeks for me. Firstly, I have to move out of my apartment by the 19th of december. Secondly, yesterday I was told I would not be re-employed next year. Thirdly, if I was in a relationship then I'm sure that would have broken up as well.
So next year I'll be in a new place and I've decided that I'm going to spend the first bit of it finishing off my thesis. I'll try to pick up some casual work for cash. The bright side is that next year I can rejoin the crew for friday noodles.

Footnote: They say that bad luck comes in threes, and it has in this case as well. I've lost my wallet. What a pain in the ....
Footnote to footnote: Someone found my wallet and I've got it back. The woman who found it owns Dinkums. I recommend it for your copying needs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bites.

If you need any distractions (like more trivia!), just let me know.

Ms Dodo said...

Sometimes things happen for the best - you get time to finish your thesis, you could end up moving somewhere better. (Yeah, I know, I've been told I must have graduated with honours from the Pollyanna school).

Anyway, if you need somewhere beautiful and isolated to write (for about six weeks between April and May) there is a beautiful spot available for free, in exchange for house-sitting and a very little bit of farm work.

BTW, aren't tenants meant to get three months notice?

'Door said...

A-man, that trivia game was good. Have to play again sometime.

Ms dodo, I was wondering when your blog may appear. From what I've heard round the traps it was the tip-the-scrabble-board woman who had it in for me.
We negotiated one month free rent for agreeing to move earlier that expected. ps. I did enjoy the farm the last time I was there.

Ms Dodo said...

Thought it may have been the scrabble woman. M said she would probably resent your abilities!

elaine said...

ps. 'door back at noodles - yay!

and colin's always needing tutors/demonstrators... and substitute teaching?

pps *hugs*