Friday, December 22, 2006

FSTDT

I've stumbled across the following site Fundies Say The Darndest Things!. This is a collection of stuff written or said by fundie christians in newspapers, chatrooms or forums. Check out some of the following:

"One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it. [emphasis added]"

"I am a bit troubled. I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed. My son is only 16 and I really don't think he's ready to date yet. What's worse is that he's sneaking some girl to his room behind my back. I need help, God! I want my son to stop being so secretive!"

"I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie"

"If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James --- your original Hebrew is wrong. If your original Hebrew agrees with my original King James, your original Hebrew is right."

"[On homosexuality being a condition one is born with]
Just because you are born a certain way doesn't meant that is the way you have to be. Some people are born Asian, but through surgeries and counseling they can change."

"I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it."

"I didn't come to Jesus by my intelligence and neither will you my friend."

"If you compare the Mein Kampf to the Qur'an, you'll discover they're nearly identical"

There is more gold at the website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...Asians can change through surgery and counseling...interesting.

I love the site, it is too hilarious for words.