Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's all happenin'

It's been frantic over the last couple of weeks. It's that time of year when you have to write those reports again as well as having meetings with parents explaining why their kid failed. But that's all done and so is the year (nearly).

I also have found a new place to live and will be moving this week. Hopefully next weekend I can relax, put my feet up and find something to really rant about.

E, Mel, Amanda, and Ms Dodo, I will do the godfather thing but I'll just go through the motions. I don't thing I'll bother trying to explain the situation because I don't think that it will make any difference, it's head and brickwall stuff.

I've just finished watching nearly 18hrs of the Beyond Belief 2006 conference. Fascinating viewing. If you are into the whole science/religion/morality/philosophy stuff I recommend it. There are some great and controversial presentations by Ramachandran (delusional beliefs of stroke victims), Dawkins (religion is a form of child abuse), Shermer (why we believe weird things), Druyan (a moving personal reflection of what science means to her), Banaji (implicit prejudice); just to name a few. I've got a copy of the .mp4 downloads (2GB in total) if you are interested.

It's also that time of year for a Melbourne Christmas tradition. Xmas Even. I wanna go, so is anyone interested? It's at the Spanish Club on friday the 22nd.

6 comments:

A-Man said...

I'll have to check the calendar (and make sure I've done the vast majority of my pre-Christmas tasks), but I'd maybe be interested in Xmas Even... I haven't seen them in like 8 years or something, and I probably don't know any of their stuff since "Less Is More".

elaine said...

I LOVE XMAS EVEN!

If i were going to be in town i would definitely be there. last year was hot and packed to the rafters until the rain started buceting down around midnight when everyone ran out to stand in the rain. the year before at its traditional home of the tote.

good times.

Mel said...

No Christmas Even for me, Tash has organised another event at Loop and I guess I should go to that.

Are you going to be free for Friday noodles soon? It will be lonely with no Elaine. Plus I want to know where you're moving.

'Door said...

Mel, I'm free for noodles on the 22nd. Are you (and any one else out there) free before then?

elaine said...

I'm free this thursday if anyone's interested. Stoopid work christmas lunch on friday.

'Door said...

Thursday would be good for me.