Monday, December 18, 2006

Old school

I've finally moved house. During the move I received the RRR magazine in which they celebrate 30 years of RRR. In the magazine was an article reminiscing about 'Outlaw', the wednesday night at Chaser's nightclub during the 80's and early 90's. As I packed I found a pile of old nightclub passes from that era and I thought that I'd share them.

Amadeus
Amadeus was the nightspot at the Matthew Flinders Hotel on Warrigal Rd in Chadstone. Growing up in Mount Waverley, this place was close to home and so I spent a lot of money and drank far too much there. The big nights were Bedrock and Daisy Age. If you lived in or around the Waverley area, went to Victoria College Burwood (now Deakin Uni) or Monash Uni, chances are you went to Amadeus. It's heyday was about '89 - '92.

ps. It's scary to think that Captain Spalding are still around!


Bedrock (front and rear)



Other versions of the Bedrock passes


Chill zone (front and rear)


The Brain (front and rear)


atomic (front and rear)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amadeus was the place to be. I was only 16 at the time. They always let me in. All the girls from Year 10 went every Saturday. My mum was the taxi driver. Use to drink cheap Torquilla Sunrises until 1.30am then mum use to drive us home. It was 1988. Those times were different to now. All we did was drink & dance.