Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Old school II

The Warehouse
This club was situated in Claremont St (there was a back entrance in Daly St), South Yarra, at the same place that is Salt. If you didn't get there early then you would be stuck in a long queue back in the days when queues meant that the place was full. This was one of the places to be if you were a hip young thing back in the early '90s. How I was let in I'll never know. It must have been a pity thing.

There was a empty lot next door where you could park your car. We all used to park our cars there and we never had any problems. But on one night I came out of the club to find my car not there. My first thought was that it had been stolen. My trusty 1974 Audi Fox. It was a good little car that survived a drive up to Noosa and back. However, there were others there whose cars were also gone. We all realised that the owners had put up a "Cars will be towed if parked here" sign. I had to fetch my car from a compound in Richmond and it cost me $200. Bastards.


Fluid on a Thursday (Left: older version of pass) The respective reverse sides are show. This night was the big one for the Warehouse. (DJ Andy Van's name pops up again.)


Saturday Night. Not such a big night hence the half price drinks.


Sunday Night. Also a big night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memories... Fluid on Thursday nights at The Warehouse was a significant form of stress relief during my final year at high school (1993). Does anyone remember "Bruce" the head bouncer on the front door? Apparently he taught English literature at Box Hill TAFE!

'Door said...

I was trying to remember the bald head bouncers name. I hadn't heard the story that he was an English Literature teacher.
He also had a blonde girl side-kick.

sublime-ation said...

I never went to Warehouse.Probably the only club I didn't go to when I was supposed to be doing my homework or whatever.
I was always at HardnFast across the road though...

Anonymous said...

what was warehouse wed nights called ?

was it just w'house wednesdays or did it have a name ?