Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Discs spinning in my head

The music that I listen to depends on what mood I am in at that particular point in time.

Music on my computer: none. I have a very old computer with no space for music.

Song playing right now (it's in my head): . "Rock n' Roll is Where I Hide" by Dave Graney. I've been playing along with it on my guitar at home. I love the chord progression. I am invisible, no one sees me, I should be a spy.

5 songs I listen to a lot (at the minute and they play in my head continuously):
These change all the time. I may spend weeks listening to the following and then have a complete mood change and I won't listen to them for ages. I have so many songs which I listen to a lot, if I did the numbers.
-"Beautiful Day Never Ends" by Even off 'A Different High', 'beautiful day won't you come back again, tomorrow is so far away'. I'm a big fan of Even. A very underrated trio.
-"Sleepy Head (Serene Machine)" by Ed Kuepper
'If you scratch your world to pieces
You'll see the stains and all the creases
That are hidden away
With your sweet life at an all time low
No sweet-talkers with gems for eyes
To show the way.'
I've been listening to the album 'Ed Kuepper Sings His Greatest Hits For You' at the moment. Such fine tracks, so many of these songs going through my head.
-"Heavy Heart" by You Am I. Fellow North Melbourne supporter Tim Rogers laments.
-"Shark Attack" by Split Enz.
'Well she chewed me up and she spat me out
I didn't want to meet a maneater
Shark attack!'
Off a great album, True Colours. I should have brought this and other 80's albums to Elaines' party.
-"40 Years - Then Death" by TISM.
'Perfume! The smell of perfume
Is forgotten, and the shape of the room
And the sheets on her bed
Disappear forever from my head.'
There is always a lyric from a TISM song which expresses the mood of any situation.

I wonder what songs will be playing in my head in a months time?

No comments: