Sunday, May 29, 2005

I'd buy that for a dollar!

I thought I would never see one, but on saturday night I did. I held it in my hands. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be. But it was special. It should be mounted on the wall. What am I talking about? An oversized check that they hand out to the winners of gameshows and sporting contests.

Friends of mine made it on to 'Deal or no deal', the gameshow on channel seven. They sat throught four shows watching other contestants win gradually increasing amounts from around $5000 to over $40000. Then it came for the last taping of the day. My friend was randomly chosen and, after correctly answering the questions, he was the main contestant. He thought it must be his luckiest day. He chose briefcase 17. The show hasn't been aired yet so I won't reveal how much he one, sorry, won. But it will be on a friday. Look at for his girlfriend calling him a metrosexual on national TV as well as him (he's a big boy) trying to fit into a small car. He almost didn't. But it was all worth it just for that oversized check.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FOR SALE
I charge for photos with the afore-mentioned gameshow cheque at a going rate of $500 (just yourself with the cheque), or $2000 (with the cheque and both you and me).

This limited offer is brought to you by me. Get in quick, before the memories scar me for life and
I burn the cheque.

'Door said...

I can probably get a photo of Andrew O'Keefe handed the check to me. That would be priceless.
BUT DO NOT BURN THAT CHECK.

elaine said...

Door, door! we can be name-droppers and say yeah, well do you remember that time we were ar Steve's (or was it Rastas?) birthday at the brunswick and Andrew O'Keefe had to ask me to stop sitting on his scarf because he wanted to put it on his neck and go home?

'Door said...

I remember! I think it was Steve's birthday. During the taping of the show my friend said that it was Steve who prepared him before he went on. I told him he should have name dropped me!

elaine said...

I'm a bit concerned about the implications of Steve "preparing" anyone. I hope that was more like telling him what to expect and less like fluffing.

D'oh! I have bad pictures in my head now.

Anonymous said...

There wasn't too much "preparing", so please try to remove the bad pictures.

Preparation consisted of such worthwhile topics as:-
- how to pronounce my name
- was I there with anyone else
- which screens to look at
- how to play the game to come across well on tv
- good luck and hope you win some money...

I was great with my name, pointing out my girlfriend so she could get a microphone too, and looking at the right screen.
I'll let the audience decide whether I come across well.
I was NOT so good at the last point though...

Anonymous said...

This Friday, 5.30pm.

Bring the pain.

'Door said...

Must watch TV. A-man, will you be having a special screening?