Friday, May 13, 2005

"Who do you think you are?" and "Pink and mint-green pseudo-males"

I hate written assignments. I should be more specific. I hate arty-farty written assignments. All you are given is some lame criteria sheet which is so general you have no idea what you are to write about.

How about this for a topic, "Who do you think you are?". The last time I checked I think I was the 'Door. Hang on..... yes, that's right. What a wank. Does this require me to "find" myself? Send me to India to join a tantric yoga ashram then. The assignment will be substandard if you don't. This course, from which this assignment comes, has too much thinking and reflecting about things that you haven't even done! Haven't these people listened to the great philosopher and football coach John Kennedy? "Don't think, DO!".


At lunch today one of the guys in the office, let's call him M., ranted about t-shirts. It went something like this; goes to favourite t-shirt shop and all he saw were pink and mint-green t-shirts, goes out to a club and all he sees are guys dressed in pink and mint-green t-shirts. Is there any guy out there not conforming to the pack or are they all, as he says, 'psuedo-males' afraid to be an individual? In a past life, a pink t-shirt = chick. If you saw pink in the distance you assumed female. Science has shown that this colour association is linked to a gene on the Y chromosome. It's genetic to turn and check out anyone in pink. He did this today and realised he was checking out some guy. This is what began his rant. Poor M, if only he was bi then he would have nothing to worry about.

Personally I think male t-shirts should come in any colour, provided it is black. (Thanks to Henry Ford.)

4 comments:

lucy tartan said...

maybe the question is meant to be 'who the fuck do you think you are?' or maybe 'what do you think you're looking at, MAAATE?'

elaine said...

I saw a nice combination on the train in Friday. Pink polo shirt collar up underneath a pink jumper. Or would that be sweater?

(I do believe there is photographic evidence of you on Saturday with stripes of mint green.)

'Door said...

Strips of mint green??? I think they were blue.

elaine said...

maybe it was the lighting but they looked green to me...